Information and Updates about COVID-19
Please find below the latest updates of Alto International School’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
For the 2020-2021 school year, Alto International School is preparing for students in K – 12 to possibly return to campus. Please read below to learn more about Alto’s preparations and planning process.
Preparing for the Return of Students (K – 12) During the 2020-2021 School Year (Updated August 7, 2020)
For students in K – 12, the 2020-21 school year will begin virtually. However, at the same time Alto International School is actively preparing for the return to campus of those students at some point during the 2020-21 school year. Since the preschool adheres to a different set of guidelines, our preschool students will return to campus for the start of the school year, beginning on August 19, 2020.
The return to on-campus teaching is based on The Four Pillars concept outlined by the San Mateo County Health Office. Even though this framework does not return the learning environment to pre-COVID-19 times, we must keep in mind that the primary goal of students returning to school for the 2020-21 school year is to maximize instructional time and provide an excellent learning environment.
Click here to learn more about The Four Pillars concept and the eventual return to on-campus teaching.
Previous School Updates:
- Campus Reopening Update, July 23, 2020
- Preparing for Fall 2020, Message from Alto’s Head of School, May 26, 2020
- Message from Alto’s Head of School, April 8, 2020
- Information about IB Exams Cancelation, March 26, 2020
- Message from Alto’s Head of School, March 16, 2020
- Message from Alto’s Head of School, March 12, 2020
- Message from Alto’s Head of School, March 6, 2020